TURIN — The Freelander, easily Land Rover's best-selling model and Europe's most-popular sport/utility vehicle (SUV), could face its toughest challenge from a two-pronged Fiat SpA-Mitsubishi Motors Corp. attack. Sales of the Italian-produced Mitsubishi Pinin compact SUV began this month, while the U.K. plans a Jan. 1 launch. Fiat's version is expected to hit pan-European showrooms in June 2001. The Pinin is named in honor of Pinin Farina, Pinin being the nickname of Battista, the founder ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.