ATLANTA – Tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) will pave the way for the proliferation of run-flat technology and – eventually – the improvement of vehicle stability enhancement systems, says a senior Pirelli SpA executive. “Personally, I believe that run-flat will become the standard in the industry in the next three-to-five years,” says Francesco Gori, managing director for the Italy-based company. Why? Because of U.S. legislation that mandates TPMS, Gori tells Ward’s. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.