PARIS — Former BMW AG Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder could be the next chief executive of Volkswagen AG. Pischetsrieder, 51, will join VW in July as chief executive of the SEAT subsidiary in Spain, and management board member for a new quality division. He will have a contract at VW from July 1, 2000 to June 30, 2005. VW Chief Executive Ferdinand Piech is scheduled to retire in 2002. Analysts say Pischetsrieder could succeed Piech, who has yet to designate a successor. “He is a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.