Labeling as “unsatisfactory” last year’s 58.2% pre-tax profit increase to €1.7 billion ($2 billion), Volkswagen AG Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder promises more improvement in 2006, but declines to reveal a specific near-term target. The Volkswagen Group expects sales and revenue to “increase slightly” this year because of the auto maker’s ongoing product offensive, VW says in a statement outlining its official full-year financial results. Primary contributors will be material cost ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.