Political indications are the budget for the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) will not be halved, and may in fact end up higher than the original request in the fiscal-2001 spending bill for the Interior Department. On June 14, the House voted to cut the budget by $126.5 million for the joint government/industry program searching for a more efficient automobile (see WEVTU — June 1, '00 p.8). But a Ford Motor Co. spokeswoman says she is confident it will pass the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.