Dismissed by many as a possible structural material for the car being developed by the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles, a recently released industry report urges automakers to consider “the possibility of applying the (steel industry's UltraLight Steel Auto Body) concepts to a hybrid steel-aluminum vehicle.” The American Iron and Steel Institute, an association of 47 steel companies, was scheduled to tout the report issued by the PNGV Peer Review Committee as a turnaround for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.