Pontiac will try to squeeze more performance into its vehicle menu next year with plans to produce a G6 GXP coupe. The new variant, to be built on the current G6 global midsize vehicle architecture (Epsilon), likely will make use of GM’s updated 275-hp 3.6L V-6 found in the new GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook cross/utility vehicles, Ward’s learns. Another engine candidate for the GXP, arriving late next year as an ’08 model, is GM’s new direct gasoline-injection 3.6L V-6 that utilizes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.