DETROIT -- Few in the industry would call vaunted sports car maker Porsche AG a supplier, but that’s what the company plans to become, as reports from Europe indicate Porsche will deliver its carbon-ceramic brake systems to larger automakers. The pricey high-performance brakes, already fitted to low-volume vehicles such as Porsche’s 911 Turbo and the Mercedes-Benz CLK55 F1, will be made by Porsche for Volkswagen AG and Audi AG beginning in 2002, says a report from Kolner Express. By 2004, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.