Fears of a Volkswagen AG takeover in the past week, with a mystery buyer amassing shares, were unwarranted, as it was Porsche AG using its cash reserves to secure a 20% voting stake of VW. Porsche says it is protecting its long-term interests, as the two auto makers partnered to produce the Porsche Cayenne/VW Touareg cross/utility vehicles and are jointly developing a hybrid system for the CUVs. The ties run deeper. Ferdinand Piech, the former VW chairman who heads the supervisory board, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.