FRANKFURT – Porsche AG is working on horizontally opposed engines featuring gasoline direct injection (DGI) for the next-generation 911 and Boxster, due in 2004/2005. Porsche will fit high-performance, direct-injection gasoline engines in its 911 (shown here) and Boxster models around 2004-05. At a recent technology seminar in Vienna, a Porsche paper revealed details of the development, claiming that in conjunction with the auto maker’s Variocam Plus variable valve timing system, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.