BIRMINGHAM, AL – Although U.S. drivers are wedded to their automatic transmissions – even in Porsches, Europeans still enjoy a good joust with the shift lever. So Porsche AG officials here confirm the all-new ’03 Cayenne cross/utility vehicle will get the option of a manual transmission for the ’04 model year. But not for U.S.-bound vehicles, and not for the high-powered Cayenne Turbo. European-spec Cayennes will have manual-transmission option next year. "For Europe, we will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.