Porsche AG will invest €120 million ($153 million) in its assembly plant in Leipzig, Germany, to accommodate production of the 4-door Panamera sport coupe. Engines will come from Porsche’s main plant in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, while painted bodies will come from a Volkswagen AG plant in Hanover. Among the reasons for involving Hanover is that it allows for a wider array of colors than other plants in Volkswagen’s manufacturing network. Porsche owns a controlling interest in Volkswagen. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.