To some performance purists, a Porsche with an automatic transmission borders on heresy. But many U.S. buyers of Stuttgart’s legendary sports cars apparently have gotten over it and are happy to drive Porsche AG’s new dual-clutch transmission, known as Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK). Launched last October in the U.S. in the ’09 911 and a few months later in the Boxster roadster and Cayman coupe, the PDK transmission has doubled the take rate for automatics in those three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.