DETROIT – Volkswagen AG’s plan to develop a cross/utility vehicle for its luxury Audi marque is causing consternation at development partner Porsche AG. Porsche contends that for VW to bring a Touareg/Porsche Cayenne-derived Audi CUV to market, it must pay a licensing fee to Porsche for the engineering. VW executives are denouncing Porsche’s stance, saying the joint contract covering co-development of the Touareg/Cayenne does not require a fee if the platform is reengineered by VW to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.