Officially, Porsche AG continues to insist it won't build a diesel-powered version of its new Cayenne SUV. Although SUV-making partner VW will feature diesel power for its Toureg, Porsche won't offer a diesel in Cayenne, shown here "Look at BMW's (gasoline) V-8 sales since the launch of the diesel engines," says one Porsche manager, noting the increased availability of its high-powered diesels has seriously undermined demand for BMW AG’s gasoline V-8s. However, Porsche boss ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.