DETROIT – With a 35.5 mpg (6.7 L/100 km) corporate average fuel economy mandate looming by 2016, Toyota Motor Corp. has ambitious plans to introduce six all-new hybrid-electric vehicles, a plug-in hybrid and two electric vehicles by the end of 2012. A hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle also is on tap for 2015, expected to be available in many parts of the U.S. The six new HEVs will be available globally, but it is undecided whether all six will come to the U.S. market, Takeshi Uchiyamada, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.