PPG Industries Inc. says it has developed a new painting system that increases assembly plant flexibility for automakers attempting to reduce order-to-delivery time. PPG expects its Dynamic FlexColors system to go commerical in 2003, probably on a niche vehicle, with final testing work being completed at project partner Behr Systems’ Auburn Hills, MI, facility. "The automotive industry is using e-commerce to strive for the build-to-order or 5-day car, but offering a large color palette ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.