TROY, MI – While many people think of vehicle color in terms of body panels, PPG Industries Inc. is trying to push colored glass as a new way for auto makers to jazz up their vehicles, as well as differentiate their products. “We wanted to introduce the (OEM) designers to show-car glass to remind them of all the different colors of glass there are available in production – warm ochre shades to blue glass to green glass,” says Lorene C. Boettcher, manager-Global Design and Color Marketing, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.