Solar-control glass needn't mean just green any longer. PPG Industries says it has developed a new, neutral gray colored solar-control glass it claims will be an automotive industry first. PPG installed the new gray glass in a demonstration BMW AG Z3 roadster at this January's North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The company has applied for a patent for what it believes could replace green-colored glass for the majority of automotive applications. PPG says increased ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.