The Royal Automobile Club of London recently awarded its prestigious Dewar Trophy to JCB Ltd. (J.C. Bamford Excavators Ltd.) for the development of the DieselMax vehicle that established the new international diesel land-speed record of 350 mph (563 km/h) last August at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. JCB’s 4.4L 4-cyl. turbodiesel – a standard powerplant in many of the company’s wide range of earthmoving machines – was heavily tweaked by Ricardo plc. of Shoreham U.K. to boost the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.