A new price war erupts in China as Shanghai Volkswagen Automobile Co. Ltd., the country’s largest passenger car maker, slashes prices on its Passat. Shanghai VW is lowering price of Passat in China. The auto maker says it is cutting the Passat's price by $2,400-$3,600. The 1.8L and 2.8L Passat currently retails between $25,300-$39,750. The move comes after FAW-VW Automotive Co. Ltd., VW’s other joint venture in Northeast China's Jilin province, slashed about $1,200 off ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.