CARLSBAD, California, U.S.A. — Our pretty little Prius silently wends its way through congested tourist traffic along a popular ocean highway north of San Diego. California dreamers, boogie boards lashed to their roofs, hardly take notice in their search for a perfect spot by the sea. Those who do, however, give a knowing thumbs-up. Although our car is silver blue, these folks see only hybrid green. While the vehicle looks and drives much like any other, Chief Engineer Toshihiro Oi says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.