LAGUNA BEACH, CA – As Toyota Motor Corp. moves forward with plans to hybridize most of its cars and utility vehicles, the auto maker pledges not to forget about the humble Prius as the industry’s ambassador for hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) technology. “The Prius will improve in every way because it needs to,” Dave Hermance, executive engineer, environmental engineering-Toyota Technical Center, says here of the next-generation Prius, due later this decade. Now in its third generation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.