Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. reports sales of its core-brand Prius hybrid-electric car slid 15.4% in June, a rare decline for the vehicle that usually posts increases. Bob Carter, group vice president and general manager-Toyota Div., blames a “shift in the market away from sedans.” He also tells a sales briefing today that low gas prices and slumping demand along the West Coast, a hotbed of Prius popularity, were contributing factors. However, overall HEV sales are up slightly this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.