GENEVA — When Shanghai General Motors Automotive Co. Ltd., GM's China joint venture, began producing Buick Regals last April, it was estimated that almost all of them would be purchased by national and local governments. That hasn't turned out to be the case, says GM Asia Pacific President Rudolph A. Schlais Jr. “A year ago, only 2% were being sold to private owners and private companies,” he tells FOCUS ON CHINA. “Now it's 35%.” Shanghai GM sold 22,000 Regals during its first nine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.