The product planning budget may be smaller, but each dollar is being stretched further, says Dieter Zetsche, president of the Chrysler Group. "The number is in the range of $32 billion for five years. But we are able to do more with this money than what was intended to do with the more than $40 billion before," Mr. Zetsche tells Ward’s. The carmaker’s approach to new product launches includes optimizing existing facilities and platforms, and then looking to add new product, but on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.