A dozen or more companies now are reportedly moving quickly with plans to recover oil from the vast oil-sand deposits in a 250-mile (400-km) radius of Ft. McMurry, Alberta, Canada. Late last year, the proven reserves of economically recoverable oil in the area were officially established at 175 billion barrels, although some estimates put the total at more than 300 billion barrels (see related story: Canadian Petroleum Source Potentially Huge). A spokesman for the U.S. Dept. of Energy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.