DETROIT – The U.S. Customs Service will launch here in December a program that aims to eliminate delays for commercial trucks at border crossings with Canada. In cooperation with Canada Customs, the Free and Secure Transport (FAST) program will be implemented initially at the Ambassador Bridge linking Detroit and Windsor, Ont., Canada. It will be tested first by General Motors Corp. and Chrysler Group, U.S. Customs Deputy Commission Douglas Browning says at the Auto-Tech 2002 conference ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.