MUMBAI – If and when its highly anticipated acquisition of the Jaguar and Land Rover iconic nameplates from Ford Motor Co. is completed, Tata Motors Ltd. finally will have bragging rights as a full-line vehicle manufacturer. However, the most valuable asset in Tata’s mind will be access to Jaguar-Land Rover engine technologies. The agreement between Ford and Tata also will ensure the U.S. auto maker’s ongoing engineering, design and vehicle-financing support, sources familiar with the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.