Proton Cars Australia upgrades its midsize Persona GLi 5-door hatchback but lowers the price. Fluctuations in currency exchange rates as well as improvements in manufacturing efficiencies at Proton’s Malaysia-based plants are enabling the auto maker to price their products more competitively, officials say in published reports. The Persona GLi 5-door now starts at A$15,990 ($8,712).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.