Malaysia’s Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) will begin selling vehicles in Iraq and also may participate in oil and gas projects in the region. Proton will ship 5,000 of its 1.5L Wira sedan to the country in August, reports Reuters. Proton beat out competing auto makers Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., Toyota Motor Corp. and PSA Peugeot Citroen for the contract. Meanwhile, International Trade and Industry Minister Rafidah Aziz says Petronas may participate in the Ratawi oil field ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.