Malaysian national auto maker Proton Holdings Bhd. cuts 34 domestic parts makers from its network of 287 vendors for failing to meet internationally recognized quality standards. Local automotive manufacturers supply more than 80% of Proton components. They include 287 parts vendors and 3,000 sub-contractors, which provide more than 5,000 individual parts. Quality crucial for future Proton Satria (above) and Tiara replacements. Proton CEO Mahaleel Ariff warns there will be more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.