Proton Cars Australia Pty. Ltd. launches the country’s lowest-priced new car with the arrival of the 1.6L S16 sedan. Based on the Saga sold in Malaysia and renamed for the Australian market, the S16 goes on sale Dec. 1 for A$11,990 ($11,170). The S16 is a 4-door sedan powered by a twin-cam engine with a full suite of standard equipment including an AM/FM/CD audio system, power steering, air conditioning, remote central locking with immobilizer and alarm, driver-side airbag and seating ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.