Malaysian state auto maker Perusahaan Otomobile Nasional Bhd (Proton) says it plans to use Mexico as a platform to enter the North American market. Proton cars may be sold in Mexico. Mexican Ambassador to Malaysia Alfredo Perez-Bravo tells the New Straits Times the Malaysian car maker could use the North American Free Trade Agreement to gain access to the U.S. and Canadian markets. He says Proton CEO Tan Sri Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff is coordinating a visit by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.