Malaysian auto maker Proton Holdings Bhd and its wholly owned British sports-car maker Lotus Group International Ltd. plan to develop small cars for the global market, with the first release likely in 18 to 24 months. Proton Chairman Nadzmi Salleh tells a news conference the new proposal is part of a 5-year plan to turn Group Lotus Plc into a profitable company. The Business Times say Lotus will develop a 3-door sports car for the global market, while Proton will produce a 5-door compact ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.