KARACHI, Pakistan – Malaysian auto maker Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) believes its new factory in Iran, which is scheduled to begin completely knocked-down car manufacturing operations next month, will further strengthen its position in the West Asia market. The factory in Borujed, 249 miles (400 km) south of the Iranian capital of Tehran, will have an initial production run of 90 units. Proton Wira Anuar Rozhan, Proton’s international business division general ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.