Malaysian auto maker Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) posts record fiscal year earnings, thanks to increased vehicle sales and higher margins. Proton’s net profit for the just-ended fiscal year (March 31) was four times last year’s, at 1.12 billion ringgit ($294.8 million) vs. 297.7 million ringgit ($78.3 million), beating analysts’ estimates of 986.4 million ringgit ($259.6 million). Proton experienced a 23% jump in sales, with 239,783 units sold vs. 195,228 a year ago. Proton ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.