Malaysia’s Proton Holdings Bhd produces its 3 millionth vehicle, 23 years after the first Proton rolled off the assembly line. The vehicle, a Proton Saga, was introduced in January. The auto maker’s manufacturing facilities have expanded since it began operations in 1985, with two factories in Shah Alam and a newer, advanced facility at Proton City in Tanjung Malim. Proton Chairman Azlan Hashim says in 23 years, the company has built 56 variants from 17 models. “Proton has progressed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.