Late last month, Malaysia's Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Sdn Bhd (Proton) unveiled its first engine at the Group Lotus factory in the UK. It was developed by Proton and Lotus. A Proton spokesman says it will take two years before the engine can go into mass production but will then save Proton 25% over the cost of outsourcing the engine. This will enable Proton to better compete once trade barriers are brought down, says the spokesman. Lotus — the UK sports car company, in which Proton ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.