DETROIT – DaimlerChrysler Corp. says the Chrysler Prowler will be driving off into the automotive sunset next year, in the sparkling color of Deep Candy Red. A Chrysler official says a new pearl coat will be applied for extra shine in bright light. Three hundred of the red hot rods will be made, closing the book on the vehicle, which began as a concept car at the 1993 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The official says the Prowler only was planned for a 5-year production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.