MADRID – PSA Peugeot Citroen is mulling the elimination of about 700 temporary jobs at its Vigo plant in northwest Spain on April 1. The auto maker will include the exact number of job cuts when it announces the plant’s production target for 2010, expected this week. Output likely will be reduced to match falling demand in European markets where governments are ending scrappage and other subsidy programs started last year to encourage consumers to purchase new cars. Production of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.