KOKOMO, IN – Chrysler Group says production validation for the PT Cruiser Convertible at its Toluca, Mexico, plant is running six weeks ahead of schedule. Tom LaSorda, executive vice president-manufacturing, tells Ward’s workers at the plant are concentrating their efforts on improving overall fit-and-finish details before releasing the vehicle for production. “It’s amazing. These guys are looking at things like ‘how can we close that gap by another millimeter?’ six weeks ahead of where ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.