With 688,501 hits to the DaimlerChrysler Corp. web site seeking information on the PT Cruiser in June alone, the craze is far from over. The nagging question remains: How can the company get more Cruisers on the road? “We could add a line somewhere if we need to,” says Gary Henson, DCC executive vice president-manufacturing. “We have to be sure we need it.” The level of demand in Europe is still uncertain, says Mr. Henson, and the automaker must ensure there is long-term demand to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.