PARIS – France’s recently instituted bonus-malus system of taxing gas hogs to subsidize the purchase of fuel sippers is driving the market to smaller cars, says Jerome Perrin, Renault SA’s director of advanced environmental projects, but the change for the auto industry started earlier. A cascade of climate-change news followed the documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, by former U.S. Vice President Al Gore in 2006, for which he subsequently won the Nobel Peace Prize. Then late last year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.