A Pakistan environment secretary says growing air pollution likely will prompt the banning of 2-stroke engines in the Punjab region within the next six years. He also suggests his region might follow the lead of other countries, such as India, that have switched from diesel-powered to CNG-powered buses to reduce pollution. A common practice of mixing motor oil in diesel fuel only increases the pollution and enhances the prospects that diesel engines may be further restricted.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.