The letter Q stands for quarrel, as Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. files suit in a Michigan court against Audi AG for its decision to use Q to name future cross/utility vehicles. Nissan attests that Audi’s use of the letter infringes on the trademarks it has established in naming vehicles with Q since 1989, including the Q45 sedan and QX4 and QX56 SUVs. It reportedly also has trademarked “the new Q.” Audi, which uses the letter A for many of its cars, has said it will release the Q5 and Q7 CUVs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.