DETROIT – Former Obama Admin. auto task force chief Steve Rattner calls General Motors Co. Chairman and CEO Ed Whitacre a “hero” and says industry observers should “wake up every day and thank God” he is leading the auto maker. Rattner deflects criticism of the former AT&T chairman following his presentation to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago here. Despite frequent management shuffles at GM in recent weeks, Rattner says he sees no evidence Whitacre’s moves are “anything but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.