Toyota Motor Corp. is resurrecting the RAV4 electric-vehicle nameplate thanks to its recent partnership with California EV-maker Telsa Motors Inc., but is not anticipating considerable sales for the modified cross/utility model, at least initially. Tesla will install its electric-powertrain technology in the RAV4, and prototypes will be delivered to Toyota early next year. A production version is expected in 2012. The companies inked an EV-development pact in May but have not revealed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.