General Motors Corp. is expected to announce at next month’s Paris auto show that its South Korean subsidiary GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. (GMDAT) plans to rebadge all the cars it exports to Western Europe as Chevrolets. Reports of the change are stirring debate among South Korea’s media, with leading newspapers bemoaning the fact that the Daewoo brand is on the verge of disappearing from the global market, and that GMDAT may be missing an opportunity to build its own brand power. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.