Last month's recall of all-new '02 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy and Oldsmobile Bravada midsize sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) took some wind out of General Motors Corp.'s sails during April, says Paul Ballew, executive director-Market and Industry Analysis. A similarly timed recall of DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s new minivans affected a month's production, but sales still increased 6%, says Gary Dilts, vice president-sales. Last month, GM recalled 6,000 of the GMT360 SUVs due to defective ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.